Most of your acne problems and unaesthetic skin conditions (blackheads, comedones) are usually the result of clogged pores and deep cleaning your skin can be most efficient if you follow a few steps and tips:
- Use exfoliating products based on Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Beta Hydroxy Acids ; scrubs have the same effects but can damage sensitive skin
- At home, have regular facial steams (at least once a week) : start with your regular face cleaning routine, boil a full bowl of water and with a towel over your head position your face above the steaming bowl for 15 minutes. Allow the steam to work on your face by enlarging the pores and drawing impurities towards the surface; optionally add a few essential oil drops (peppermint, lavender, rosemary , tea tree – these will soothe and condition your skin)
- Apply a clay mask after the steam session– this will help reduce the excess oil and absorb impurities
- Use toner to clean and balance your skin – astringent cleansers and toners could be helpful for oily complexions but do not overuse them – removing all oils will only cause skin to produce even more sebum
- Close pores after each shower/facial steam with a sprinkle of cold water on your face or your regular toner
- Hydrate your skin daily – this will encourage skin’s natural functions
- Moisturize and do your make-up with non-comedogenic products only
Treat Back Acne Treat & heal back & body acne with Acne Body Wash.
Cleanse & Treat Fight acne & get clear skin with Murad Clarifying Cleanser.